Sunday, April 14, 2013

Osteria Mozza

Delectable, mouth-watering, and heavenly are words to describe the food at Osteria Mozza, a well renowned restaurant owned by famous chefs Mario Batali, Nancy Silverton (Pastry Chef) and Joe Bastianich. The food at Osteria Mozza was absolutely delicious! It's not the typical Italian cuisine. 

Osteria Mozza is located at the corner of Melrose and Highland Avenue.  You won’t miss it.  It’s a rustic orange building.  The restaurant is not that big, but its simple elegance adds such character to the place. I love its simplicity!  By the way, reservations are required and can also be done on-line .  It will take you directly to Open Table when you go on their site.  

I’m such a foodie.  I will travel the distance to try something new. Any opportunity or excuse to try a new dish, I’m there.   This time my excuse to drive to LA was a birthday celebration for my sister, June. Dining at Osteria Mozza was an unforgetable experience for my sisters and I.  Will I return?  Absolutely, so I can try the other dishes on the menu and most especially the heavenly desserts!  I just added this restaurant to one of my favorite places on my list.  

Street parking is available but on certain hours only.  Therefore, it’s best to valet park to alleviate the stress of driving aimlessly to find parking.   

              Location: 6602 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90038

Mozzarella Bar

Celebrating my sister's birthday! 

Crostini
From the Mozzarella Bar
Burrata with bacon, marinated escarole & caarmelized shallots
Squid Ink Chitarra Freddi
with Dungeness crab, sea urchin & jalapeƱo
(cold pasta, but delicious!)
Striped Bass 
alla Livornese
Grilled Beef Tagliata,
rucola & Parmigiano with aceto balsamico
Pan Roasted Sea Trout 
with Umbrian lentils & red cabbage sottaceto
"Brasato al Barolo" 
braised beef short rib with porcini
 Heavenly Desserts!  

Bombolini 
huckleberry marmellata & lemon mascarpone


Torta della Nonna  
miele Toscano, pine nuts 



No comments:

Post a Comment